Saltonstall Kindergarten Information Session – February 15, 2023
Session via Zoom
Join us to learn more about our specific school offering early learning opportunities. Our team will host information session for you to learn more about our school and will provide an opportunity for you to engage in a Q&A session about the school.
Date: February 15th, 2023
Where: Zoom Link for Info Session
In-Person School Tours and Visits
Families will have the opportunity to sign-up for school tours.
- Week of March 6th and
- Week of March 13th
How to book: Call our Main office or Family Engagement Facilitator to book your tour today!
Saltonstall’s Family Engagement Facilitator: Jenni Espinal, Phone: 781-771-6451
Early Childhood Expo Town Hall
Did you miss our Early Childhood Expo Town Hall event? Catch the recordings and information about sessions in other SPS at https://salemk12.org/families/kindergarten-information/ available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese! Hear from our panel of SPS leaders, directors, and principals who provide an overview of the Pre-K and Kindergarten Programs, explain the process and timeline for registration, and answer questions from our incoming families!
ELA (Julie Lenocker, Literacy Coach)
- K-4 balanced approach to literacy focused on developing life-long lovers of reading
- 5-8 humanities classes using literacy skills to grapple with historical and social issues
Math (Nicole Connolly, Math Coach)
- Hands-on activities to allow students to see and apply math ideas
- Concept-based lessons build deep understanding rather than memorization
Science (Emily Flaherty, Science Coach)
- Inquiry-based approach to build scientific thinking
- Emphasis on engineering and design standards
- Focus on sustainability and environmental issues
- In addition to report cards, Saltonstall utilizes a portfolio process to encourage family engagement and interaction around student progress culminating in an exit portfolio in 8th grade.
Life At Saltonstall
- Social Emotional Learning through Responsive Classroom
- Social Emotional Curriculum and “PRIDE”
- National Junior Honor Society (Grades 5-8)
- Traditions – Hispanic Heritage Day, Stew Day, Field Day
- School Musical (Grades 5-8), Bad, Jazz Band, Orchestra (Grades 5-8)
To ensure that all students are prepared to achieve and inspired to learn, we also provide:
- Partnerships with the Landmark School Outreach program, the New England Aquarium, the Read Trust, the Boys & Girls Club, Salem State University, and Endicott College.
- 1:1 Chromebooks for Grades 5-8
- City Connects program provides wrap around services for students and families through an effective student support process run by City Connects coordinator: Joy Richmond-Smith
- Language-based learning disability program
- Gymnasium, theater/auditorium, and art studio